what is a model watershed?
For more than a decade, BEF has been a leader in long-term, community-based watershed restoration funding and advisement
Our Model Watershed Program partners receive 10 years of strategic funding and access to expert advisement, peer-to-peer learning opportunities, collaborative problem solving and innovative solutions to common restoration challenges. Together, we are working to revitalize and sustain vital freshwater resources.
we are committed to a watershed restoration approach that incorporates the following core elements:
- All restoration efforts require and stem from a comprehensive and integrated watershed-scale plan.
- A critical mass of community stakeholders is engaged in the work and committed to support restoration and stewardship goals.
- All aspects of the restoration plan (assessments, planning, strategies, project design, monitoring) are based in sound science.
- The approach and strategies are accountable and adaptively managed through a well-conceived monitoring plan.
- BEF and its partners embrace an experimental mindset to implement, track and adjust our restoration actions based on results.
READ PUBLISHED ARTICLES ABOUT OUR APPROACH NOW ::